So I have to admit it, I’m 26 years old, and I’m contemplating buying a doll. LOL Not just any doll, a $200-300 ball jointed doll. I think my husband would flip his lid if I told him about it. >.<
It is a bit overwhelming, and this will not be an impulse buy. I am contemplating making one, but I haven’t sculpted anything in a very long time, and I’m not sure how well it will come out.
I think I’m having such a hard time because the more affordable ones look too cartoonish to me. I want one with a little more western style nose, but I don’t want an american looking doll.
The things I do know:
- I’ll do the face-up myself, I know I can still paint. (face-up is adding makeup and eyebrows)
- I want my doll to be between 35 and 45 cm tall. (for size comparison, Barbie is approximately 30 cm tall) I have seen these called “kids”, “mini” or “MSD” depending on the brand.
- I want a resin doll. I am finding the best are usually in resin or vinyl resin mixtures.
- I want a female. I’d prefer a larger bust one, call me vain.
- I’ll probably change out the eyes and purchase a few wigs
- I mainly want the doll to make clothes and accessories, but I will probably take obnoxious pictures of it posing too. =)
Here are a few of the dolls that I like so far (pictures are from either retailer or mfg websites)
This first one is a “bustier” girl, these two are made by Resin Soul.